Monday 25 July 2011

NOTD and Review- NYC East Village with W7 Crackle



This wasn't the nails of the day that I thought I would be sharing today. I'd promised an orange and gold crackle but I had to blog about this combination because I am so impressed. NYC and W7 aren't exactly what you would describe as high end products. In fact, it would be much fairer to say they are amongst the cheapest and most rubbishy of products. However, I am prepared to eat some humble pie because this combination has lasted on my nails for an incredible 4 days without chipping or showing tip wear. This may not seem remarkable to some but my nail varnish is usually chipped, peeling and chewed off within 24 hours of application. Even brands like OPI are ruined within a couple of days.



I have nothing but good things to say about the W7 crackle polish. It only seems to be available in one shade, Earthquake Silver. It crackles beautifully, without feeling lumpy, and is a truly metallic silver with small iridescent particles. I find this much prettier than the flat colours of Barry M and I would predict it's the cheapest crackle on sale in the UK at the moment.

NYC East Village is a shimmery turquoise blue. It is very, very sheer though and it took 4 coats to achieve opacity. It also takes an age to dry. It claims to dry in a New York Minute- for some reason I thought a New York minute took less than nearly an hour. Quick drying polish, this is not. However, I can forgive it for lasting so long on my nails and looking so pretty.

NYC polishes are available from Superdrug and cost £1.79. I got my W7 crackle from TJ Hughes for £1.99. All pictures taken in direct sunlight without flash.

No comments: