Hello! It’s been such a long time since I’ve blogged due to work, health and family commitments. So, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and various other things I’ve overlooked during my hiatus. I’ve really missed blogging and I have an overflowing box of goodies to review (most of which are probably now discontinued because I’ve had them so long!)
Instead of doing a New Year resolution that I will inevitably fail miserably at, I’ve decided to complete a Project10 Pan. If you haven’t heard of this before, it means you commit to either hitting pan or using up 10 beauty items completely before buying anymore. Everyone seems to have their own little rules that go along with Project 10 Pan such as replacing as you go, being able to buy essentials and using any combination of hair, skin and makeup products.
I’ve decided to only use makeup items in my Project. I’m fairly good at using up skin and haircare products before I rebuy and I’m starting to run out of space for eye shadows. As I’m using up products that I’m already most of the way through, I’m going to completely finish them. I am going to be on a complete makeup no-buy UNLESS Sleek bring out a new eyeshadow palette. Yes, so I’m cheating a little bit on my no-buy but I love Sleek palettes. This is what I’m going to be using up:
1. Collection 2000 Perfecting Minerals in Ivory- It’s supposedly a mineral foundation but it’s full of talc, so really I’d just consider it a heavy powder. I never got on with the faff of powder foundation so it has languished in my stash. I’ve just bought the Boots 17 BB cream, so hopefully this will give me some extra coverage and help to mattify.
2. Boots 17 Instant Glow Bronzer in Light- This used to be my go-to contouring powder before I discovered ELF’s cool bronzer but I threw it into a box and forgot about it nearly a year ago. It has a small amount of shimmer and pulls slightly orange on me, which is why I prefer the ELF bronzer. I’ve got so little of it left that hopefully I’ll be finished it soon and be able to go back to my beloved ELF.
3. Cover Girl Eyeshadow Trio in Curtain Call- I’ve no idea how long ago I bought this but it must be 7 or 8 years ago. Sorry, germ phobics but I don’t believe in the two year rule for powder products. If it looks or smells nasty, then I throw it away but otherwise it stays. The shadows aren’t the most pigmented but I’m quite excited by using this up as I’m using it as the chance to experiment with different bases to get different looks, especially as I have a lot of the charcoal shadow to get through.
4. MUA Eyeshadow in shade 19 (matte dark brown)- This really needs to be used up. It got trashed when I did my sons zombie makeup for Halloween. It’s such a great product- a non-chalky matte, a true neutral brown and a bargain for £1. I’ve already bought a replacement so I have get to get rid of this one.
5. Boots 17 Eyeshadow in Ivory Coast- This is one of my HG products as it’s the perfect budget matte bone shade for highlighting and blending. I can see me buying this again but I have several shadows in this sort of colour that need a bit of use.
6. Mid-brown eyeshadow- I’ve had this for so long that the label has worn off and I can’t remember what brand it was. It’s been a staple of my makeup bag for years and has been the perfect shade to define my brows. However, I want to buy a new brow defining set and the catch doesn’t work anymore. If anyone recognises it I’d love to know what the brand is. All I can remember was it was pretty cheap and from TJ Hughes.
7. Urban Decay Cream Eyeshadow in Foxy- I’ve had this for so long that it’s now discontinued and I only used it once. It creased like crazy and was patchy. I’m either going to figure out how to get this to work or throw it out.
8. Boots 17 Va Va Voom Volume Mascara- Perhaps this one is a cheat as it’s due to get thrown out next month whether I do the project or not. The one item that I make sure I follow hygiene guidelines on is mascara after a very nasty eye infection back in my teens. This is an average daytime mascara as it is defining without being OTT. However, I’ve tried better and honestly I prefer drag queen lashes.
9. Gosh Let’s Twist Eyeliner in Carbon Black- A good basic black liner. It’s one of the few that lasts more than an hour on my waterline and this is the second one I’ve been through. I’ll probably rebuy again because I prefer twist up liners but, like most makeup addicts, I have many black liners sitting in my stash that need using up.
10. I Love… Raspberry and Blackberry glossy lip balm- I can see this taking me some time to use up as I have a lot of it left. It’s actually a fantastic balm and leaves a nice berry tint on the lips. However, I HATE balms that aren’t in stick form. They aren’t hygienic and are a pain in the arse to carry around. If ‘I Love…’ made this in a stick it would be a HG product but I won’t be buying a tub again.
So that’s it! Hopefully Sleek won’t release any palettes so I can avoid cheating during Project 10 Pan. I am officially on a makeup no-buy until everything is finished or discarded as rubbish. I’ve got a load of things to review in the meantime though as I picked up quite a few beauty bargains during the Christmas sales. If there is anything from my Project you want a review of, drop me a note in the comments.
How about you, lovely readers? Any beauty resolutions? Have you managed to complete a Project 10 Pan?