Friday 27 January 2012

Never Too Much Sparkle Challenge- using Sleek palettes


I’ve been in a neutral eyeshadow rut for months. Everything I’ve bought has been neutral, I’ve worn nothing but neutrals and my Project 10Pan is nearly all neutrals. Boring and lazy!

I recently joined the Never Too Much Sparkle Facebook group  and this week’s challenge is the Blix Remix- to recreate one of the amazing looks done on Glitter is My Crack. This was the perfect excuse to get my barely used Sleek Circus and Curacao palettes out so I chose one of Blix’s brightest looks

Excuse my fringe- no idea what to do with it in FOTD pics
No Blix look is complete with false lashes so I used the ELF dramatic lash kit. I’m so out of practise with lashes, not helped by the fact that these things are awful. Lashes splayed everywhere and so blunt. Won’t be buying those again! They were so uncomfortable that I removed them within minutes.


Products Used
Collection 2000 Perfecting Minerals in Ivory
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair
W7 The Cheek of It Blush in Pink Champagne
Benefit Creaseless Cream in Sippin’ n Dippin’
Sleek Circus Palette (Orange and fuschia shades)
Sleek Curacao Palette (Tequila Sunrise, Martini, Singapore Sling, Blue Hawaiian, Purple Haze)
Collection 2000 Glam Crystals in Le Freak (5)
17 Liquid Liner
L’Oreal Lash Architect Mascara
MUA Eyeliner in Snow White
Barry M Eyeliner Pen in Aqua Green
MUA Eyeshadow in shade 19
Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Raspberry
Ciate Lipgloss in Ibiza

I loved trying this look. I’m not convinced it suits me but it was fun seeing how I look with my most feared colours- orange and pink. The pictures were taken with flash so the colour has washed out a bit unfortunately- it was much brighter in person. I'd have to having a very brave day to go out with this on.

Hope you liked my recreation of this intense FOTD. Let me know in the comments if you’ve taken part as I’d love to see your looks.

No comments: