Monday 8 August 2011

FOTD- Shimmery Pastels


First of all, let me just say a big helllooooo to my new followers. I really appreciate knowing that people are reading and that my ramblings might have a point (for once in my life!)

I keep trying to make pastels work for me and, after trying numerous combinations, I’m coming to the conclusion that they never will. Anyway, after a few tries with various shades I decided to stick with this look for the day, paring it with the bright pink Ciate Ibiza gloss. I think this EOTD would look great on someone with a better tan than mine (what tan, right?), lighter hair and a less hooded eye. Mine need more contouring than pastel shades seem to provide. 



Products used:
Revlon Colorstay in Buff
L’Oreal Touche Magique (lightest shade)
UDPP
Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara
Lancome Le Crayon Khol eyeliner in Noir (upper lashline)
Barry M Kohl Pencil in Navy Blue (lower lashline)
No7 Beach Beautiful palette- pale green (lid), mint green (outer V, crease and lower lashline), purple (crease). Pictured below.
Sleek Circus Palette- matte lilac (above crease)
Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow in Priceless Metals- gold (inner corner of lid, tearduct)
Boots No17 Ivory Coast eyeshadow (upper lid blending and highlight)


If anyone wants to copy this look, this is the No7 Beach Beautiful palette. It applies much sheerer than the pan suggests.


It was limited edition so is no longer available at Boots but it can be found on Ebay. The colours are fairly easy to dupe though and it isn’t special enough that I’d recommend buying it unless you need to build your pastel collection. I've had it for 3 years and have barely made a dent, as you can see.

Thanks for reading and if anyone has any ideas on how to make a soft pastel eye work for me, then post below with your thoughts.

No comments: