Thursday 4 August 2011

July favourites

It is a few days late, but here are my favourites from July. There are a few new buys and a few that are long time loves.



Batiste Dry Shampoo in Diva- This refreshes my summer wilted hair, giving me amazing volume. It smells divine and perfectly complements the oriental perfumes I like. I used to stick to the Original but fancied a change and this is now my staple dry shampoo.

Head and Shoulders Itchy Scalp Care- One of my hayfever symptoms is itching. I’ve been ripping my skin apart including my scalp. I don’t suffer from dandruff so can’t comment on how well it works for that, but this helps me to stop ravaging my skin. I was worried that the menthol would be overpowering but it was just enough to calm my skin. Yes, this has dried my hair out at the ends and stripped the colour but it’s worth it for the blessed relief.
Boots Soltan SPF25- Lasts well, moisturising, avoids sunburn, doesn’t stink. What else is there to say? (I know the picture is SPF15- I couldn't find the SPF25 so had to use my winter suncream bottle)

Buff Revlon Colorstay - An old favourite making a return for summer as the yellowness works with my ever so slightly warmed skin.

Witch Primer Anti Blemish Skin Clearing Primer- I’m planning to do a proper review of this, as it has very quickly become a holy grail item.

ELF Cool Bronzer- The perfect matte bronzer for contouring and adding a light amount of colour to my pasty skin. Another holy grail item that I use every day.

Maybelline Falsies Black Drama- Gives me the over the top lash look that I love. 

Black Elf Cream Liner- Lasts even through the worst hayfever days.

Urban Decay Toasted Eye shadow- A shimmery metallic copper eye shadow. I’ve used this so much this month as it’s versatile enough to go with neutral and bright looks. I use it in the crease, as a lid shade, as an eyeliner- it’s superb. I tend to neglect this over the winter, as it’s too warm for my skintone when the sun doesn’t shine.

ELF Super Glossy Lipshine in Watermelon- lovely bright shade for the summer that works with almost any summer look. The SPF 15 it contains is a real bonus. It’s also proof that you can make an affordable lipgloss that works (I’m looking at you Malibu Babes LipSlick!)

W7 Crackle Polish- The best crackle polish I have used so far. See my review


What are your summer favourites?

No comments: